Hi there – I'm Alex Hughes, I'm a writer and software product manager based in Nashville, TN. I am also a current advisor at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center where I help guide entrepreneurs in the ideation, creation, and launch of their early-stage startups.
A few cornerstones of my own philosophy:
- Define yourself by what you create, not what you consume
- What distinguishes the greats is persistence and mental toughness
- Moderation is a super power
- Quitting is one of the most important skills you can develop
If you're interested in further developing your own mental models, join my newsletter to receive my "Top 4 Books for Better Mental Models" as a welcome gift. Each month I also send out my top 5+ book recommendations, with reading notes so you can dig in. You can check it out here.
Writing is my method of learning and teaching, both myself and others. It helps me refine my thoughts into their most useful form. Many of my ideas have their foundations in Stoicism–a school of philosophy quite different from the modern definition of the word. I have found it to be the best tool in cultivating an unwavering sense of awareness, appreciation, and rationality.
If you're wondering where you should start on my site...
- Reading lists, book recommendations, book notes...start here.
- Collection of my best articles and most popular content...start here.
Thanks for taking time to stop by. Feel free to reach out and introduce yourself!